Facebook owned WhatsApp is one of the most globally popular messaging app today with over 700 million actve users worldwide. Today all of us have installed WhatsApp in our smartphones.
Well If you run dual SIM cards in your smartphones, you might be willing to use two separate WhatsApp account for your two different phone numbers on your smartphone.
However, this is where WhatsApp puts limitations on its users. WhatsApp users can not use more than one WhatsApp account on their mobile devices.
Well here comes the main limitation of WhatsApp that its users can’t use more then one WhatsApp account on their smartphones.
You may be searching on Google and other search engines if its possible to run multiple WhatsApp account on single smartphone. So today I will let you know how you can use multiple WhatsApp accounts in single android device. Yes you heard right :).
There are Two different android apps available in the market that allows users to run multiple WhatsApp accounts in a single android device.
1. Using OGWhatsApp
OGWhatsApp is an Android application that allows users to use two separate WhatsApp accounts in single Android device without need of rooting your Android device.
Just follow these simple steps to go:
- Take a complete backup of your WhatsApp data and restore it.
- Delete all the WhatsApp data by going to Settings > apps > WhatsApp > Clear Data.
- Rename the /sdcard/WhatsApp directory to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp. You can use any file manager for Android to do this task, or from Windows.
- Uninstall your original WhatsApp app from your Android device.
- Now install OGWhatsApp in your Android smartphone.
- Once installed, remember to verify your old number that was previously registered with the original WhatsApp to OGWhatsApp.
- Now re-install the official WhatsApp for your other number from the play store.
Well using such simple steps you can enjoy two separate WhatsApp accounts on your single Android device without even rooting your Android device.
2. Using SwitchMe ( Requires Rooting )
SwitchMe is another Android application available that allows users to install two separate WhatsApp accounts on a single Android device. But this application requires your Android smartphone be rooted.
Switchme multiple account app allows users to log in and log out of multiple user spaces however it needs root access to do this. However, users cannot access the other profile from their current profile because each account within the multiple profiles will have its settings, applications, and data.
Follow these simple steps to go:
- Root your Android device.
- Make sure that you have WhatsApp app installed on your smartphone.
- Install SwitchMe Multiple accounts on your smartphone.
- Run SwitchMe Multiple accounts, it will ask for Superuser request that you need to grant.
- Now create a user profile with your name in SwitchMe app. This profile will be an administrator account containing all the current apps and settings, and will also reflect your WhatsApp profile that is already installed on your smartphone.
- Now create another profile using a different name by tapping on the Create Profile button in SwitchMe app, and then choose the Switch option by selecting this account.
- Now your smartphone will restart automatically and once it is ready to use, install official WhatsApp again from Google Play Store and register it for the different phone number. That is it.
That’s All !
Now you can easily use multiple WhatsApp accounts on your single Android device.